Trying to decide on a biblical counselor? The Christian Counseling & Educational Foundation (CCEF) has put together a list of eight questions that you should ask of any prospective biblical counselor:
- How would you describe your approach to counseling? How do you understand people’s problems? How do you help them grow and change through counseling? Please describe the process.
- What books or other resources do you recommend on a regular basis? What books have most influenced your approach to counseling?
- Are you a Christian? How does your faith affect your view and practice of counseling?
- Do you bring Christian truth into your counseling practice? How? What role does Scripture play?
- Do you pray with those you counsel?
- Do you attend church? If so, where? How long have you been a member?
- What is your educational and professional background? What role does it play?
- Are you married? Do you have children? Have you ever been divorced? How does your marriage and family situation affect how you counsel people?
Read the whole post here.